Saturday, February 16, 2008

So I decided to take a different approach to create this model. Let me know what you think. 
The lines were created in sketchup. I know that doesn't sound very sophisticated, but it was the only program that gave me equal manipulative capacity on both lines AND images. 
I stacked the images in their sequential order, and then tracked the motion of the hands head and feet. The next step would be to import the lines to formZ or Maya and to drape a surface over them. 

2 comments:

L!N said...

So your lines are "puncturing" each frame?

At the same time, could you not also "project" the second view of the sequence onto the existing sketchup plates?

JayR said...

Yes. I could easily stack them in the orthagonal direction and align the ends to match the body parts. The reason I did not attempt this was due to time issues. I will try to do this for next week. Thanks for the comment!